Friday, June 3, 2011

Review: NYX All Purpose Makeup Remover Gel Type

When Cherry Culture was having their 50% off NYX sale a few weeks ago, I decided to pick this Makeup Remover Gel up as it reminded me of the La Roche Posay gel I liked so much. This is the same idea, as it is water based.

According to NYX:
"A water-based gel in a pump that gently removes all traces of makeup. This clear gel eliminates brow makeup, eye shadow, mascara, eye liner, liquid makeup, face powder, blush, lipstick, lip liner, lip gloss and even dirt. Vitamin B nourishes skin and leaves your face feeling soft and clean."

It retails for $9 and the pump bottle contains 3.04 ounces of product.


I do like this gel for the majority of my makeup removal but it barely even touched my Makeup Forever (MUFE) waterproof mascara (the true test for any remover so it seems). So much like most miscellar waters and gels, this doesn't remove waterproof mascara.

To be quite honest, the recent price increases in NYX products (among other things) has not made me super excited to try any new products from the brand and I do feel that $9 is a bit much for the line, especially for such a small bottle of remover. The bottle has a good quality pump and the makeup remover is pretty good for all things non-waterproof but it's not so awesome that it warrants the high price tag.

If you liked the La Roche Posay Gel Remover like I did, you might want to give this a shot but I'd personally wait for a sale if I were you.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, L-glutamic acid/n-coco acylderivs, Compds, Glycerin, Protein extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Diazolidinyl urea/iodopropynyl butylcarbamate.

3 comments:

This passenger's element said...

Thanks for the review. I was actually going to get this, but like you stated, I might wait for another sale. :)

Eve said...

Hmm, I haven't been feeling NYX products lately BECAUSE of the price. This doesn't seem that great, especially since I wear A LOT of waterproof mascara!

Kristie said...

Great review. When it comes to makeup removers, I don't think NYX ever popped up in my mind. In fact, I didn't even know they had one until I saw your post. I agree the price is a tad high from their brand.

Post a Comment