Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Review: Shaveworks The Cool Fix Targeted Gel Lotion

One of the things I was most excited to try from my August Birchbox was the Shaveworks The Cool Fix Targeted Gel Lotion which "treats ingrown hairs, razor bumps, razor burn and redness". As my skin is very sensitive, shaving nearly always irritates me to some extent so I was looking forward to a nice cooling lotion (especially cooling given the heat)!

I shaved, dried up and got ready and applied the lotion on my legs. First reaction, "oooh that feels nice"... second reaction "owww, it stings!" - yeah, my sensitive recently shaven legs could not deal with the product. It's fine the day following a shave, but shortly after is a no-go for me.

It has a slightly icy smell (also I think I smell a bit of menthol which is likely why it stung) and is a translucent blue color. I'll finish this as a regular moisturizer but won't be using it after shaving. Glad I didn't spring for a full size!