Monday, November 7, 2011

Review: Twistband Hair Ties

Don't laugh. I know everyone did a double take when they received one of the Twistband Hair Ties in their August Birchboxes. First of all, the price made me roll my eyes, I'll admit! My second thought was how are these any better than Goody or Scunci or any other hair tie on the market?

Well, I'll tell you why. I've been wearing the same exact one since August every day for months now and it hasn't snapped in half. That is more than I can say for every other hair tie I've ever worn. As you may know by now, I have thick hair. My hair has snapped its fair share of hair ties. In fact, when hair ties go on sale, I stock up because they tend to last about a week, sometimes two before snapping. I haven't had to buy more of these since it hasn't snapped! Granted, it's stretched out a bit but the elastic still works just fine. Just in case, I've gone ahead and bought the Sephora brand equivalents to see if they are similarly awesome (those are 8 for $8 so a tiny bit cheaper). 

I'm converted.