Friday, January 27, 2012

Review: Karess Krafters Chai Tea Sugar Scrub

I forget who actually introduced me to Heartsy, but I've been scoping the sales for several months now and have partaken in some deals. If you haven't heard about Heartsy, it's very similar to Groupon however the sales are for small independent web shops or for Etsy sellers. To be honest, I've run into good and bad through Heartsy (and Etsy for that matter). For as much as I like to support small business owners and especially artisans, sometimes the level of customer service isn't up to snuff or the goods themselves are substandard. Right now I'm actually dealing with a shop that never sent my order from November and it's been quite a headache. Karess Krafters was a good experience and I would definitely recommend their web shop to purchase from.

The shop itself has several different types of products; I ordered soap and scrubs (if you've been reading for any length of time that won't seem unusual at all to you). The sugar scrubs come with 5oz of product and retail for $7.99 which I feel is very reasonable. The plastic tubs are sturdy and the labels are water resistant. Each tub is sealed as well. The Chai Latte scent is milky slightly spicy scent, but stops from being overwhelming and doesn't burn or irritate the skin.

The scrub itself is nice and thick with lots of exfoliating particles and it seems as though the sugar crystals are either larger than in other scrubs or they haven't been doused with liquids that dissolve them before you actually use the scrub. This is not a bubbling scrub like the Haus of Gloi version and skin needs to be cleansed after using this (while the HoG is really a soap and a scrub in one). It also makes my shower floor a tiny bit slippery but not as bad as the LUSH scrub.

The scrub itself leaves my skin exfoliated but not stripped or irritated. It doesn't dissolve immediately during use either so you can get a nice exfoliation. 

All in all, I'm fairly pleased with this product and the customer service I received from the shop.  Definitely check out Karess Krafters if you've been looking for a new indie bath & body line to support!

Ingredients: Sugar, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Safflower Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Orange Peel Powder, Non-Paraben Preservative

Disclosure: Referral links were used.