Friday, October 11, 2013

Miss Me?/Random Favorites

I know, world's worst blogger, awful maintainer of blog website, lazy you-tube-watcher and tea drinker who doesn't make time for blogging...

Anyway, my parents took my husband and I and my brother and his girlfriend on a cruise vacation to New England and Canada. I stepped inside a Shoppers Drug Mart for the first time ever which was uber exciting. I bought 1 makeup item, the Annabelle Smoothliner in Black, which not only did I find for CAD$4.99 on sale, but happens to stay amazingly on the waterline and tightline. I scrounged the two story Halifax store for Bioderma but they were out of the pink version. Major disappointed ensued until I found Aero mint balls. Yum.
I managed to pack a smallish makeup arsenal and rediscovered some past loves from my makeup collection, including Bare Minerals Foundation in Fair which I wore just about everyday on the trip. For evening meals I used the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in Ivory which I applied with my trusty Beauty Blender. I rediscovered my love for MAC Lustre Lipstick in Rubia which is quite old but has retained the vanilla scent (thank goodness since it's a gorgeous nude). For fragrance I wore Bath & Body Works Forever Red Eau de Parfum roller ball which I picked up for a mere $2 at the last semi-annual sale. It's lovely and my husband likes it (win win).

I'm not going to go through everything right now, but I used eve lom cleansing balm and a muslin cloth to cleanse my skin every night. I used First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream as a day moisturizer and Skindinavia Makeup Setting Spray to set.

I'll leave you with some beautiful places I saw on my trip:
Bar Harbor, Maine
Cathedral, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
 Botanical Gardens, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

I hope everyone has had a great beginning to their October!