Friday, February 13, 2015

How To Glow* Less Obviously

*And by glow, I mean sweat

So, I know that deodorant stains are the bane of many of our existences. For someone who tends to wear a lot of black, this has been a struggle for me for much of my life. I imagine that since a lot of the ads claim that they don't leave white marks, that other women have the same issue. Well, ladies, I think I may have figured it out.

This probably stems from my childhood and into early adulthood, where I swear I sweat more than the average person and therefore, I was convinced that applying the most deodorant would net the best results. I tried the liquid stuff, but in the winter, applying ice cold liquid to your underarms is not exactly pleasant.

But lately, I've been doing a little trick that I hope helps others out there.

Step 1: Apply your deodorant as normal
Step 2: Take a square of a soft toilet paper, half a tissue or if you are super environmentally conscious, a dry cloth of sort sort
Step 3: "Wipe off" your deodorant
Step 4: Be prepared to have no white marks.

So basically, the summary of this is that I was applying too much deodorant, and guess what? Even when removing the excess, my underarms don't sweat as though I didn't put deodorant on, but since there isn't an extra white cream around, it doesn't get down the sides of my shirts, etc.

If you haven't tried it, give it a go and see if it works for you.