Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In Which I Ask You For Help

I appreciate all of you who read Jeweled Thumb for reviews, swatches and other rambles but I don't have all the answers (obviously). So as much as I love the La Roche Posay Cleansing Gel and a whole host of other products to remove my makeup, sometimes a girl has got to pare down. And in this case I'm not talking about my makeup stash. What I am looking for is something, or shall I say, one thing (!) to remove my makeup.

My wishlist:
Something that removes face makeup and waterproof mascara, something in a state other than liquid form and something that doesn't burn my eyes! Oh and not irritating my sensitive skin is another plus.

I was eyeing the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. Has anyone tried this? I also recently tested the Estee Lauder briefly at the counter and it at least did a good job of removing the makeup on my hand. Have any other suggestions?

I know many of you like cleansing oils, but I need something I can wipe on and take off easily that isn't so liquidy and messy!

7 comments:

ChrissyDee said...

Lush has a cleanser called Baby Face. It's a bar that you warm up on your skin and massage it in. I found it removes waterproof mascara too!

xx

Leticia said...

All I use is olive oil. It melts off any makeup, and the I follow up with my regular cleanser (Olay Foaming Cleanser for Sensitive Skin).

The Editor said...

I have a makeup remover from Bioderma. It is creamy and it is especially made to combat redness and irritations. find it good. :)

Lauren said...

I really love Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover wipes. They come in a bunch of different varieties, I'm not really sure what the differences are...probably different skin types or something, but I found that these are my favorite!

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/cleansers/wipes%2C+pads+-+towelettes/deep+clean+oil-free+makeup+remover+cleansing+wipes.do?sortby=bestSellers

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I use Aveeno Foaming Cleanser. I'm cheap! ;)

Jennie said...

Purpose Cleanser works very good to remove makeup. My cotton ball comes out clean when I use toner right after.

Allison L said...

I use a similar product from Clinique. I use Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk. I really like it. Does the job and doesn't irritate me skin.

Post a Comment