Thursday, February 10, 2011

Review: Global Goddess Complexion Perfection Duo

Now you'll know why the Revlon quints reminded me of the brand Global Goddess, which seems to be under a brand redo (or done) as their website is down and the only place I can see them sold is Dermstore.
Anyway, I've been retesting the Global Goddess Complexion Perfection Duo in 1.0 - the shades aren't named and instead are numbered, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 etc. and 1.0 is their lightest shade for porcelain to fair skintones. Anyway, this compact foundation and concealer retails for a hefty $40 and has been sitting in my stash unloved for quite awhile. I know exactly why. It takes a bit of effort to make this look good on the skin. I've tried finger, dry sponges, wet sponges, the beauty blender and all left this a cakey mess on my face and since it's slightly more yellow toned, it looked awful. However, I found the miracle applicator this morning and I had to share the application tip and my new found love for this foundation!
First what's the missing brand say about it?


What it is:
A creamy foundation and concealer duo for a flawless complexion.


What it's used for:
The Complexion Perfection Duo includes two long-lasting formulations for one perfect complexion. The foundation formula features a luxurious, cream-to-powder texture that glides on and sets to a semi-matte finish. It's infused with African illippe butter to moisturize, Indian neem to soothe, and Tahitian monoi oil nourish and soften. The concealer formula is an emollient cream that disguises shadows, imperfections, wrinkles and blemishes with ease and precision. Rose carnina fruit extract nourishes, chamomile soothes, and Thai lemon grass lifts and tightens. The complexion is left with a smooth, youthful and seemingly flawless appearance.
I agree regarding the semi-matte finish but not about the gliding on part. This cream is thick and highly pigmented. A little goes a long way and the texture seems a little hard at first. More like the Giorgio Armani Cream Blushes which as those of you have tried those know, they seem more like powders. However, it does melt a bit after having contact with the skin. As I said, I did find this difficult to work with until I used a regular 'ol foundation brush, dry. Once I applied with the flat brush, it blended seamlessly, it didn't cake. It does tend to settle in some dry patches so moisturize well if you have dry skin, but I can see this being great for normal to combination skin.
If I apply it with a foundation brush, it's very light on the skin and doesn't feel like you are wearing a heavy mask (as it does with a sponge or fingers) and a plus, it lasts all day on me (today I applied at 6am and removed at 9pm and it was still on though it had definitely faded in some spots and I also have a bad habit of touching my face sometimes).
 As with all Global Goddess products, the packaging is gorgeous. The sturdy compact has a pretty floral motif on it and comes with a large mirror on the inside.


1.5grams (0.42oz.)
Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Decyl Oleate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Polybutene, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Neem (Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract), Monoi Oil (Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract), Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract), Roman Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract), Rosa Cania Flower Extract, Monoi Oil (Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil), Carthamas Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Illipe Butter (Bassia Latifolia), Talc, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben. May Contain, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).