Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Empties

I've decided to post an empties post at the end of the month instead of haphazardly. February was honestly a bit of a disappointment, however I do have quite a few products that are almost empty or reaching that stage so hopefully March will be more productive!
Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-Aging & Antiwrinkle Night Cream (Sephora lab sample) - Sephora occasionally offers not yet released products to their Beauty Insiders, hence the drab label. I wasn't the biggest fan of this night cream. It didn't spread well and left a white cast that took a long time to sink in, but I didn't find it super moisturizing either. I expect heavy rich creams to sink in more slowly than lighter emulsions, but this didn't seem rich. Quite an odd consistency to be quite honest. I wouldn't purchase the full size.
CVS Detoxifying Cleansing Toilettes - The knock offs for the Garnier wipes. I believe I picked these up on sale. I've had these before and I think they are decent enough. I'm currently using the Yes To Cucumbers  ones. So far so good but I'm a little less keen on the smell.
Pangea Organics Pyrenees Lavender with Cardamom Lipcare Stick - This took it's sweet time being used up. I applied this before bed every night for ... awhile. Proper review linked.
Haus of Gloi Eggnoggin Soft Bubbling Scrub - I mentioned in another post that I started liking this a lot more once I stopped expecting it to smell a certain way. I'd repurchase this next holiday season if it's back.

Only 4 items, quite wimpy. Have you finished anything recently?

2 comments:

Jamie Dorman said...

I hate that Korres cream; their claims are so ridiculous! It's like they think we don't take science class and will believe that the magic oak tree will take away our wrinkles. Show me a study that proves that is effective. I'm not too keen on the yes to Cucumbers wipes either. I use the same skin care all the time so I don't notice when I run out of something because it means I just need another. I use all the same hair products and bath products all the time too. My makeup is the only thing that changes and I never seem to finish that. Although a bronzer I had almost finished recently broke what must have been maybe 2 more uses left and now I don't think I could use it if I tried; does that count?

Jeweled Thumb said...

@PCS: Tell me how you really feel! Jokes aside, I agree with you. But I think you get that with most skincare companies, not just Korres. I say the bronzer counts! Well done. =)

Post a Comment