Thursday, September 17, 2009

ULTA GWP

I generally post a bit on a makeup board called makeupalley and it wasn't until ULTA sent me an e-mail that I knew anything about these gift with purchas(es) going on. I had popped in the store the other day but my "haul" consisted of tweezers. Super exciting, I know. Mine got lost somehow in the middle of the move. I gather that the minute I start unpacking "la stash" I will find 10 of them, but really, can a girl ever have enough tweezers? I don't think so. Personally, I like the idea of one in every room and a pair in the car, a pair at the office and one tucked into my makeup bag in my purse.

Anyway, there are several good deals going on at ULTA right now, which is surprising, since most of the time, their gift with purchases are solely on perfume (or they are make up bags that are bulky and most of us have no use for) and they are usually bizarre; bathrobes, faux jewelry... I've even seen pillows. I know if I jumped at the opportunity for bag related gift with purchases everytime they ran one, I'd have a room I would need to devote just to cheap bags.

Anyway, here's the deal ladies (and gentlemen - though as I mentioned previously, I only have 1 follower and it's a she).

Most every line that ULTA carries in their mid-high end department is having a gift with purchase. Some are better than others. Note: I haven't listed all of them but if you go to ULTA.com you should see a special box with the fall gift with purchase special.

  • Bourjois: free lipgloss charm in Brun Galactic with any 2 items (though I purchased 1 and it still gave it to me)
  • Sue Devitt: free Microquatic pore filler pen thingy (?) a $28 value with any $25 purchase

Unfortunately, most of the line is $21-22 and the 2nd cheapest thing is a $10 sharpener so not really a good deal if you want something under $25.

  • Smashbox: free Eye Liner Brush #9 & Angled Brow Brush #12 a $30 value with any purchase
  • Korres: free deluxe sample of primrose eye cream with any purchase
  • Fusion Beauty: free deluxe sample of Lip Fusion XL with any purchase

Again, the cheapest item is ridiculously expensive, so unless the line is something you're familiar with and use, I wouldn't chance it just to get the tiny GWP.

  • Benefit: free Miss Popularity precision highligher full size with any purchase
  • Urban Decay: free mini sin primer potion with any $25 purchase

And there are other GWPs for other brands like, Pur, DDF, Murad, Ahava, Nick Chanez, Cosmedecine and others.

There is no code required to score these deals. If you reach the requirements, they will automatically pop up as a pull down menu in your basket (not that you can actually choose anything, they are preselected). And yes, you can stack the $3.50/$10 code with the gift with purchases.

Don't forget to use ebates for cashback, and there's also a $3.50 off $10 coupon floating around, though it doesn't apply for what ULTA called the prestige brands (basically everything mid-high end in the store) - 21866 is the code.

I hauled quite a few things, thanks to the free gifts and only spent around $50 including tax (shipping was free). I'll report back with my... findings when I receive the package.