Saturday, October 13, 2012

October Birchbox

My October Birchbox came in the mail today and I'll admit, I'm a bit disappointed with this month's box. I've been wanting to try the Eve Lom cleanser but was hoping for at least a mini container so I could try it a few times before deciding whether it would be something I would ever purchase in the future (unlikely due to the price but I'd consider it if it was awesome). Also, how on earth does Eve Lom get away with selling 3 muslin cloths for $22 (making my 1 cloth "worth" $7)? The Chantecaille mascara is a nice size and I'm curious how it performs though I don't think I'd splurge on the full size as it's a jaw dropping $42. The amika nourishing hair mask looks nice but it's a sample packet again. And the DDF serum is unexciting and I am 28 so I don't have any wrinkles (yet at least). I actually don't mind the nibble as I can always use an extra nutrition bar to keep at the office for late nights. I know this box is worth well over $10 and I'll be trying most everything out (though I'm tempted to give the DDF to my mother). Still, I'm not blown away.

Eve Lom cleanser packet .16oz (full size 3.3oz $80) worth $3.87
Eve Lom muslin cloth 1 cloth (full size 3 cloths $22) worth $7.33
Chantecaille mascara .14oz (full size .32oz $42) worth $18.37
amika nourishing hair mask .67oz/20ml (full size 60ml $12) worth $4
DDF wrinkle resist plus pore minimizer serum .23oz (full size 1.7oz $85) worth $11.50
Luna Lemon Zest nutrition bar 1 bar (15 bars $18.75) worth $1.25

So if you break it down, the box is worth $46. I don't know, maybe I've been spoiled in the recent past and I was so hoping the Eve Lom would be a reasonable size!

Disclosure: referral link.