Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review: Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser

The weather has gone from pleasant to freezing overnight (a couple mornings ago, the temperature was actually in the low 30s!). This means two things: 1) my skin is even more dry than normal and 2) I get even more tired than normal. I purchased Albolene at my Rite Aid a few months ago right before their store overhaul when it was 50% off. Not that the stuff isn't ridiculously low priced anyways. The big 12oz tub will run you $10-$12 at most drugstores.The ingredients are not what you'd call "good" but there aren't many and the major one, mineral oil, is not something I react badly to.

I know I needed a bit of a skincare overhaul when my skin was feeling dry and tight during the day with no makeup. While my skin is on the drier side, if I don't apply makeup, it can get a little oily (far from you oily skin folks) but it happens. So when my skin was feeling tight and uncomfortable, when makeup wipes were literally hurting, I knew something had to change. Enter Albolene. What's interesting is when I first started trying it, I was using it similar to a balm cleanser (which you can totally do) but the directions actually tell you to apply and wipe off without water.

Well, guess what made a reappearance for this method? The Shiseido Facial Cottons are actually perfect to remove this when my skin is feeling extra parched. Not as though I would purchase the cottons specifically for this product but since I have 2 bags of them (yes still), I figured why not.

This stuff does actually remove everything and it's very gentle. I haven't broken out from using it (even with the no water method). If you're dry skinned and want a no-fuss inexpensive cleanser, this is a great one.

Ingredients: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) , Petrolatum , Beeswax (Apis Mellifera) , Ceresin , Beta Carotene (Vitamin A)