Monday, October 14, 2013

October Birchbox 2013

So one of the not so great things about the internet is that for these sample boxes, you see what everyone else received and while my box is a good one, some people received Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish which Birchbox (referral link) is now carrying (!) and I have been dying to try but never wanted to pay to ship it from the UK. Now, it's a bit more accessible for us US folk, which is awesome, but I would have preferred some of that in lieu of pretty much any of the items I received, though they are nice.

Inside my (Liz Earle free) Birchbox was:

* Karuna Hydrating Sheet Mask, 1 mask (4 masks|$28) worth $7
* POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer in Flowering Fuschia, full size $14
* 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment, 1.5oz/45ml (6 oz|$19) worth $4.75
* Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum 5ml/.17oz (1.6oz|$42) worth $4.50
* Chapstick Hydrating Lock, full size $2.99


The 12 Benefits seems to be similar to It's a 10 which surprisingly, I've never tried. Although the Chapstick is considered a "Birchbox Find Alert" and not a "real" sample, to be honest, I've received samples that were worth less than the $2.99 and much less useful. As I said, I'm pleased with this box but I would have loved to receive the Liz Earle. Maybe next time.

Disclosure: Referred link