Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wet n Wild Prowl

We interrupt your regular scheduled programming to bring you...
Prowl! I found it! Well, most of it. Behind Closed Doors was already sold out but maybe I'll find it at another area drugstore.

I popped by a CVS on the way home from work and finally found the new Wet n Wild Prowl Collection. I have to admit, Wet n Wild really hit it out of the park with this collection, though a couple of them were a bit of a disappointment. For instance, in the CVS lighting, Buy Me A Drink seemed to have an orange duochrome but when I brought it home and swatched it, zip zero zilch. And like most, I did not buy the black cream.
Cougar Attack (gold glitter), Ready to Pounce (blurple with shimmer/sheen), Jungle Fever (green chunky shimmer)
Tangled In My Web (black chunky glitter), Correction Tape (multicolored glitter), Buy Me A Drink (wine with shimmer/sheen)

(the glitters are over Revlon Powder Puff)

I think my favorites are actually the first three I swatched. Cougar Attack, Ready to Pounce Jungle Fever. The chunky glitters are fun but as with most glitters like this, application takes some effort and removal is a pain in the behind. I found the best way to apply is to really work your brush into the bottle to get the most glitter on the brush and then instead of sweeping, almost stipple it into your nail. And then you can add a little more clear if you want to move the dots around. Again, not the easiest or fastest but it brings the best results for me.