Saturday, September 10, 2011

NOTD: Zoya Petra

During the last Zoya promo, I picked up Petra from the Fall 2011 Smoke & Mirrors collection. I clearly have a thing for slightly murky purple toned polishes and Petra sums that description up perfectly.


Depending on the lighting, it can look anywhere from a deep gray-almost black color to brown to a deep shade of purple.


The opacity of this polish is excellent. It went opaque in just 1 coat (though extra passes were needed as it's been sometime since I've done regular manicures).


The minute I got this on my nails, I thought the base color bore a striking resemblance to Revlon Perplex.
The base colors are nearly identical and if you own Perplex, you would know that the shimmer rarely makes an appearance on the nails unless you're under the right kind of lighting.
Both appear slightly darker swatched than in the bottle. They are basically the exact base color. I'd say if you missed out on Perplex, Petra would give you the same color, although you obviously would be missing out on the shimmer.