Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: Jouer Lip Enhancer Conditioning Lip Treatment

As you may remember, the Jouer Lip Enhancer Conditioning Lip Treatment was one of the items in my September Birchbox. I like to call myself a lip balm connoisseur so I was definitely happy this was included in the box. At $14 for .33oz it's on the higher priced end of lip treatments but it's comparably priced to the Caudalie or the Jan Iredale (actually it contains almost twice the product as both these twist up versions so it's a better value).  The texture of this manages to be thin but not greasy. It almost has a dry texture which is unusual for a tube lip product. Like some of my comparisons, this makes an excellent lipstick base. It has a very slight rose scent that is far from overpowering and doesn't bother my sensitive nose.

I don't find that this plumps my lips like it claims though if I concentrate really hard, I think I can feel a very slight tingle, but I don't consider my lips thin to begin with. It's a pleasant product but I'll admit, I prefer twist up application methods (even though you typically get less balm for the price) and I don't feel as though this is as moisturizing as some of the other balms I've mentioned. Either way, I was definitely happy to try it out and will happily use up my tube!
 
Ingredients:
POLYISOBUTENE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, OZOKERITE, BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TRIBEHENIN, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, FLAVOR (AROMA). MAY CONTAIN (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)