Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bridal Makeup Booking

Since my wedding, I had forgotten how much fun doing bridal makeup was, so just to get my feet wet, I made a post on Craigslist on Saturday and today got an e-mail from a bride getting married in only a week kind of scrambling to find someone. Thankfully, my schedule is free and I gratefully accepted to do her wedding makeup, as well as possibly the makeup for her MOH and her mother.

I'm actually really excited. I love doing makeup in a more personal environment than a store and that's what I've been doing for the past few years. You really don't get the opportunity to really talk to someone in a retail store and it's hard to be able to concentrate on 1 person (or in this case 3 - but we all know the bride is the most important).

Either way, we'll see if the bride allows it, but I hope to post some photographs of my handiwork assuming the trial goes well.

*EDIT*

Well, I guess I shouldn't have written about it, because she e-mailed me back saying that they had moved the wedding date - and that weekend I have a work related barbecue that I have to be at. Poo. The only good news is my photographer friend is looking for a makeup artist and it looks like we'll be collaborating so I'll be able to brush up on things and expand my portfolio a bit.