Sunday, June 24, 2012

Review: Booty Parlor Flirty Little Secret Bronze Edition - Firming Bronzer with Phermones


I'd like to preface this review but saying that I am not into bronzers, bronzing, fake-tan or anything related to being other than my pasty-white self.

I was recently sent the Booty Parlor Flirty Little Secret Bronze Edition - Firming Bronzer with Phermones to try as part of the Bloom Ambassador's program. The product promises to "Create instant attraction and glow getting curve appeal" and contains pheromones to "make you irresistible". This is not a fake tan, but more of a tinted lotion and is easily removed with soap and water. When I squeezed the lotion out, I was convinced I was going to look like a slightly vampiric Oompa Loompa. It's orange and shimmery.
I'm Edward Cullen's Jersey Shore cousin, coming to suck your blood!

To be fair, after you rub it in, assuming you use a reasonable amount and keep streaking to a minimum, it isn't that bad. I actually used my hands to apply most of it and then used a cotton round to rub it in and get rid of any streaks.
In the end, you get a fairly subtle natural bronze. I asked my husband how I looked and he took me into a romantic embrace - he said that it didn't look bad or orangy but wanted to know why I decided to change the color of my legs. "It's for the blog", I replied. He nodded, rolled his eyes and went downstairs to play more video games. Obviously, I didn't get the pheromone effects.

The color lasted for several hours, even through errand running and sweating. It did start to go a little blotchy around my drier areas though I'll admit, I didn't fully prepare my skin in the way you might for this type of product. Still, it was fun to try.

I'd say that this would be great for a night out but I don't go on night outs. I'll keep it around in case I get the desire to not look like a ghost. I didn't get any of the firming claims but I wasn't expecting them. Booty Parlor Flirty Little Secret Bronze Edition - Firming Bronzer with Phermones retails for $32 and can be purchased on the Booty Parlor website or at Bloom. I wouldn't repurchase.

Disclosure: This was received for review as part of the Bloom Ambassador's Program. Referral link also utilized.