Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday Haul - The Body Shop and ULTA

The heat can make you do strange things; even more strange when you may be one of only a handful of people that have electricity in the area. Still, I had coupons expiring. Who else holds on to things like Groupons and coupons till the very last minute? Because, I totally do. The ULTA 20% off expired today and my The Body Shop Groupon also expired today. It was obviously rational to leave my air conditioned house and make my way into the 100 degree heat and then into shopping malls packed with people that were there because they didn't have the luxury of electricity and air conditioning at home. I'm a freaking genius, I know.

Even more rational were my purchases. I was hot and apparently felt the need to buy every face spritzer I saw.
H2O was on sale at ULTA Buy 1 Get 1 free (sale ends today) in addition to the 20% coupon, so I bought two of the mini Oasis Mist facial sprays which seem to be similar to Fix+ over some of the more invigorating options. These 1.7oz bottles retail for $10, I paid about $8 for both of them. Then of course, my $20 The Body Shop Groupon. Oh yes, since I'd bought 2 facial sprays already today, obviously I needed 2 others. The Vitamin E Face Mist and the Vitamin C Energizing Face Spray quickly went in my bag.
I spotted the Maybelline BB 6-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector at ULTA. Maybelline was Buy 1 face product get 1 50% off and while I didn't have any luck with the Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Fair, I've heard this shade (Brightener 160) is more suited for pale girls. I swatched the "BB Cream" in store and the lightest one seems like it will be a good color match but it seemed more like a tinted moisturizer so we'll see.

Apologies for my semi-absence by the way. I've recently started a new book series which I am shamefully addicted to (the full trilogy is on its way to me - I'm sure you can guess by now). Also, my Little Black Bag for July is going to start tomorrow so I'd promise more posts but somehow I know my old 7 days a week posting isn't going to happen, at least not this week!

Disclosure: Referral link