Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Favorites

I don't normally do favorites posts, but since my empties post would be quite pitiful, I'm combining February and March and doing a post on my favorite things instead! Perhaps, I'll do both in the future (maybe it'll encourage me to blog more).
I freaking love the Elemental Herbology Purify & Soothe Facial Cleansing Balm. As you can see, I've made quite the dent in my tube. I think I can safely say that this has made a major impact on the condition of my skin. Not only is it thoroughly cleansed but it's been a lot easier to manage since I started using this: less breakouts, fewer dry patches, etc. I apply and massage it in, then I take the damp muslin cloth with warm-hot water and place it over my face for a few seconds and then massage all the grime away. Seriously amazing stuff though I wish it was a bit less pricey.

The Shea Terra Menthe Cardamom Whipped Shea Butter* came in the June Glossybox. I wasn't thrilled with it at the time and maybe even less so when I officially reviewed it. Then I decided to use it as a cuticle balm and I've loved it! It's too thick really to use as a body butter, but once it's on the skin for a minute, it begins to melt and it's perfect for the cuticles and on my husband's super flaky bits on his hands. I've used it pretty much every day since I discovered this new use for it and I've even hit jar.
You know those holy grail items that you tend to forget when "newer" "better" brands and items get on your radar? Well, The Body Shop's Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick (and the majority of their balms for that matter) is awesome. It heals sore, dry winter lips. It's soft but not too soft. Sticks around through nighttime but isn't too waxy. These are around $8 but often on sale. Love.
While the Jemma Kidd brand is no longer, I've been loving this eyeshadow in Vanity Fair, a satin grey brown. It's the perfect color to smoke out the crease a bit without being overwhelming or too dramatic. I've been using this slightly random myglam brush to apply. I love the combo!
So I know I'm a bit behind on the times, but I've been loving the Twilight Woods Shea Enriched Shower Gel from Bath & Body Works. Technically, this came in a Beauty Army box a few months ago. I hadn't really been into this scent cause I kept on thinking it was supposed to smell differently according to reviews and the like, but then it hit me. It smells almost exactly like Jean Paul Gaultier II which is a long discontinued unisex fragrance which I absolutely loved. So I've been getting a lot of use out of this mini shower gel and may spring for the EDT if it smells similarly.
I've had this baby for ages. It's the Barielle Natural Nail Camouflage and I should probably chuck this but instead, I've just constantly thinned it when it gets a bit gloopy. It's been my nail of choice. Two coats of this leaves a milky pinkish coat on the nails and is very office appropriate. Since I've been so lazy with my nails, something so pale requires minimal upkeep and doesn't reflect chips as much as some of my other favorites. I'll admit, the full price is not appealing but I still continue to see these every so often at places like TJmaxx.

What were your February favorites? I for one am thrilled that March is upon us as I'm about to vacation to my in-laws in just a few days. Very excited to get away from the city craziness that is DC!