Saturday, April 6, 2013

Review: Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream Blueberry

The Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream came in my most recent Birchbox (March 2013). I was super excited to try it but have been holding off till I finished the Ophelia's Apothecary one. The full size is about 5oz and retails for $20 which is quite spendy. Still, my skin is super dry and sensitive, especially on my legs and sometimes spending a bit extra is worth it.

The blueberry scent kind of smells like blueberry yogurt. It's not bad by any means but it wouldn't be my first choice. The texture is slightly thick but easily spreadable. You don't need much to get a good layer on your legs to keep irritation at bay which makes the nearly 1 ounce sample size quite generous. After shaving, my legs don't feel irritated and likely due to the shea butter and other oils, my legs feel nourished even after shaving and a hot shower. My only complaint with this product is that it tends to clump up in my razor which is something I didn't experience with the OA version (a shame the CS was so bad or else I'd seriously consider repurchasing).

So while I'll definitely use up the sample size, I don't think I'll repurchase.