Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review: Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips

In one of my recent Birchbox (referral link) orders, I received a "pick two" which included the Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips. If you purchase $35 or more in the Birchbox (referral link) shop, you can add a "pick two" of sample sized products. Since the full size of this product is about half an ounce, this .1oz sample size is actually pretty generous (full size is $14.50). Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips is medical grade lanolin so it's more cost effective to buy this type of product made for nursing mothers (for example, CVS has a 2oz tube for $7.99 - 4x the amount and half the price). However, the packaging is too cute and it was free with my order so I'm not complaining.
It's a standard squeeze tube but has no applicator so it requires using fingers. I found it was decent in moisturizing my lips but I don't find it as moisturizing long-term as some of my favorite balms (still left me a bit dry in the morning when used at night). It's thick and doesn't spread super easily but becomes a bit thinner with the warmth of the lips. I wouldn't repurchase but I'll definitely use this sample up.

Disclosure: Referral link.