Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Makeup Remover Pads

I believe the Simple Eye Make-Up Remover Pads came in one of the recent Allure Beauty Boxes and I was definitely curious about them but it's taken me awhile to try them. Simple promises that these remove waterproof mascara yet are "kind to eyes". The packet comes with 30 circle sized wipes and retails for $5.99. I'm a broken record, but I compare everything to my Makeup Forever Sens'eyes Remover. So, how did these perform?

Horribly. I took two (one for each eye) held them up to my closed eye for a good 10 seconds and waited. I wiggled them a bit to ensure they had access to all of my waterproof mascara and pulled off. All I could see were speckles of mascara and an eye lash. Rubbing netted similar results. So I then applied my Sens'eyes and it was kind of frightening how much mascara was missed by these wipes.

They are textured so I found them great for foundation, but not really cost effective since they are just large enough for one eye.  Not a fan and won't purchase.