Sunday, August 8, 2010

Aromaleigh Ciao Italia Collection

A fittingly named collection for the very last one from Aromaleigh. Ciao Italia is an Italian inspired collection so the names are Italian. Molto benne!

Anyway, I'm honestly sort of surprised I managed to swatch/photograph these without destroying my kitchen. Gosh, I really now respect the work some of the great swatchers do. This ain't easy work, folks!

All pictures are clickable, each set was taken in natural and artificial light to show complexity and sparkle. They were all swatched dry over no base and patted instead of swiped.

top row left to right
#1 zabaglione #3 ciocolatto #6 rosmarino #7 liquiriza #9 mela
bottom row left to right
# 10 pera #12 menta #17 albicocca #22 mora #34 biscotti #35 nocciola
top row left to right
#1 zabaglione #3 ciocolatto #6 rosmarino #7 liquiriza #9 mela
bottom row left to right
# 10 pera #12 menta #17 albicocca #22 mora #34 biscotti #35 nocciola
top row left to right
#44 melone #45 fragola #49 fico
middle row left to right
#50 puffo #51 tiramisu #53 pistacchio #57 bacio #59 amarena
bottom row left to right
#60 fior di latte #65 mirtillo #71 melogranni #76 malaga #85 lampone #86 fritti di bosco
top row left to right
#44 melone #45 fragola #49 fico
middle row left to right
#50 puffo #51 tiramisu #53 pistacchio #57 bacio #59 amarena

bottom row left to right
#60 fior di latte #65 mirtillo #71 melogranni #76 malaga #85 lampone #86 fritti di bosco

Some of the standouts for me are:
#51 tiramisu
#59 amarena
#49 fico
#57 bacio

I also think the pink and reds in the #70 series are really nice, I'll probably be mixing them with clear gloss for my lips, not sure I'm adventurous enough to use them on the eyes!

The one I was most disappointed with was #34 biscotti - pretty much all glitter.

You can buy samples and full sizes of the line over at the Aromaleigh blog while stock lasts.

2 comments:

alamode said...

Nice swatches. I always do that when I buy a palette and it can be difficult to get clean swatches of everything. Just for random information... the puffo color is very funny. In the US, they were called Smurfs. I don't know what those little blue cartoon people were called in the UK, but in Italy, they were called Puffo (Puffi for the plural). So it's really funny to see the Italian names, someone really knew what they were doing. There are also a bunch of names of yummy gelato flavors. So it made me very hungry :-)!!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@alamode: The owner actually worked at a ice cream shop in her youth and has an explanation of that particular shade as well! Ok, now -I'm- getting hungry! Mmm. Gelato.

Post a Comment