Saturday, August 14, 2010

NOTD: OPI Princesses Rule! + Nailene

I finally got to sit down and do my nails. My back has been causing me a few issues while seated for way longer than I expected it to, and I'll admit, I looked a bit funny trying to stand up just now - back to bed for me! But I have had bare nails for ages and I hate that! "Beauty is pain" as they say. Anyway, I don't feature OPI very much on this blog only because I'm not the biggest fan of the brush, I like that it's wide but it deposits way too much color and goes a little floppy on me and I don't "clean up" my nails. I'm impatient enough as it is! However, I'm willing to make an exception for certain colors, and between the glass-fleck glittery-ness and the name of this polish, I had to have it!

Princesses Rule! Is a very pale very sheer glass flecked pink. I wish it was a little more pigmented as this was 4-ish coats? I lost track. You can still see VNL (visible nail line) but as you've read in the past, I don't really mind that all that much.
Pretty, huh?
Since Nailene recently sent me a whole bunch of stuff to try out, I decided to have some fun! Now, I think there's a very fine line between tasteful and over the top nail art, and knowing me, I was in danger of crossing it with all the pretty shapes so I only did one nail.
I used a larger blue flower and a smaller light blue floral and a little stud. These were very easy to put on, but I wish I would have used a pair of tweezers in lieu of my fingers, but it still worked out alright. I covered my nail with another coat of my topcoat for good measure.

I think it's cute and I like how easy it is. I know a lot of bloggers and nail enthusiasts on makeupalley are really into Konad, but I honestly don't have the patience for it. I bought the Essence set for under $5 and I've used it... once! I'm glad I didn't invest in the pricier kits. I think I'll be sticking with stickers if anything!

Disclosure: Nailene sent the stickers for review. I bought the polish.

3 comments:

Jamie Dorman said...

Pretty! I just got some O.P.I. today!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@PCS: Cool. I wish the brushes were easier to work with since they come out with some really nice colors!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Tessa: I'll go check it out. =)

Post a Comment