Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review: Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Moisturizing Stick

I recently purchased the Nuxe Reve De Miel Moisturizing Stick and was really excited to try it out. I've heard a lot of great things about the Nuxe line and have also purchased the pot version of the lip moisturizer to try. I'll cut right to the point and say that I was not impressed with the stick version. It's in a lipstick type of tube and is a bit hard but does melt into the lips eventually. I found it moisturized my lips while it was on, but the minute the balm wears off, it's almost as though I had never applied it. After wearing it overnight, my lips didn't have the same level of moisture I usually get from some of my other lip favorites. It smells like chocolate oranges which is light and nice. After purchasing it, I've read quite a few reviews indicating that the pot version is significantly better than the stick so I hope I'll have better luck with that. At $9.50 for .14oz it's a little too pricey to be just OK.

Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polyethylene, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Oryza Sativa Cera Bran Wax (Rice), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Glyceryl Dibehenate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Jojoba Esters, Tribehenin, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Sunflower Oil/Palm Oil Aminopropanediol Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Glyceryl Behenate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Hordeum Vulgare Cera/Spent Grain Wax, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Mel/Honey, PEG 8, Aqua (Water), Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol