Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Limited Edition Maybelline Color Show Fall Fashion Week 2012 Nail Lacquers

I've been a very bad blogger lately. I have a lot of items to review but I don't seem to have the time nor the energy. But, I found these nail Color Show Nail Lacquers at CVS tonight and I just had to show you guys. First of all, these Color Show polishes retail for a pretty nice $4.19 and the whole Maybelline line is often on sale and of course Maybelline always has lots of coupons. Anyway, these are from a new Limited Edition  Fall Fashion Week 2012 collection. I believe there are 6 total and the display that I saw only had a few per color which is pretty annoying. Nonetheless, here they are!
From left to right, we have Avante Green #700, Auburn Ablaze #705, and Metal Icon #710
To be honest, I wasn't even going to buy Avante Green as it looks like nothing in the store, but the minute I got it home, I saw that it had the neatest duochrone! Auburn Ablaze doesn't have the cool duochrome that Avante Green has but it's a pretty fall color nonetheless though I don't find it particularly unique. Metal Icon is awesome. It's kind of a dupe for Chanel Graphite but I can swear that there are blue flecks in it. These were all 3 coats, but Auburn Ablaze and Metal Icon could have been 2 easily. Avante Green was a bit sheerer and definitely needed the third.
The next three are Boho Gold #715, Pink Cosmo #720, and Downtown Brown #725
As you can see, Boho Gold is another Chanel Peridot dupe but it is super super sheer. This was pretty much 4 coats. I'd imagine it would be better over a black or white base. It's pretty though and less prone to brush strokes than some of the other look alikes. Pink Cosmo is also super sheer but very pretty and I bet it would come alive over a black (it has a grey/green/pink shift). Also about 4 coats. If you work in a conservative office but still want to wear some duochrome-y goodness, this would be your shade. Downtown Brown is pretty much Club eyeshadow from MAC in nail polish form. This isn't the best photo of it but you can see the duochrome a bit more in the background bottle picture.

I was so excited to find these in one of the random CVS stores near me as I have not found the range anywhere else.  The Color Show Fall Fashion Week 2012 collection also has lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes and an illuminator but they didn't thrill me like these!

Have you found these yet? What did you think?