Monday, September 3, 2012

Review: Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals


When Nuxe recently opened their new US site and had a promotion, I ordered a few items I've had my eyes on from the line. The first being the Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals. I've made it a point of trying multiple micellar waters on the market. I've enjoyed quite a few so far although I haven't yet tried the famous Bioderma, maybe one day. Until then, we have quite a few options that are far easier to get a hold of in the states.

I am by no means a lover of rose, but the scent in this micellar water is pretty light and doesn't give me a migraine, a good thing since this is a great micellar water. It removes face makeup easily though it does require saturating quite a number of cotton rounds. My biggest surprise was it removed eye makeup. Not just any eye makeup either, the super long wearing Lashfood mascara which even my Makeup Forever Sens'Eyes has some trouble with.

I do have a few complaints: 1) I don't know why they felt the need to add fragrance to the product; surely the rose water already listed is sufficient? Is it not fragrant enough? 2) The price, at $23.50 for 6.76floz it's up there though not ridiculous considering you could get away with bringing a decanted bottle of this on vacation and have makeup remover, cleanser, toner and a refresher all in one (more than I can say for some of the others on the market). The added fragrance doesn't irritate my skin but I'd rate this a little more if they removed it.

If you like roses and you have been curious about this cleansing water, I would definitely pick it up as it truly is an all in one product. Me being the product junkie that I am went out and bought the Caudalie one as well. So I'll be testing that out and reviewing after I've finished the Nuxe.

Ingredients
AQUA/WATER, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER, GLYCERIN, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE, CITRIC ACID, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ALLANTOIN, CAPRYLYL/CAPRYL GLUCOSIDE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, SODIUM HYALURONATE, LINALOOL [N2305/A].