Friday, May 24, 2013

Review: Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

On with the "need to try something new bug." I recently placed an order at Tatcha for some blotting papers and also received an adorable 15ml sample of their cleansing oil. The Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil generally retails for $48 and comes with 5.5oz of product.

My sample came with a dropper which isn't my favorite since it's very hard to see exactly where I'm dropping without my glasses. Sample packaging aside, I found this oil effectively removed most makeup as it claims. I also found it weightless on the skin, and it doesn't leave any sort of residue. It didn't effortlessly remove waterproof mascara which is fine since I don't mind using and buying the Makeup Forever Sens'eyes remover which does make it effortless!

While this is nice, I'm not sure if I'd purchase as I tend to prefer the balm cleansers. However, if you are sensitive to mineral oils, this might be one to try as that ingredient (among others) is missing from the list.

Actives: Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Algae Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract.
Formulated without: Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Parabens, PEGs, PPGs, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates.

*For those that don't mind cheaper ingredients and prefer a cheaper price point, check my review on the The Body Shop version here*