Saturday, May 18, 2013

Review: The Body Shop Moisture White Shisho Make-up Cleansing Oil

You know that bug you sometimes get where you just want to try something new? I am still in love with my balm cleansers. I've loved each one I've tried but I thought I'd mix it up with something different: cleansing oils. Cleansing oils have been a big thing for several years but I just never got into it. Now that I've tried and loved balm cleansers, cleansing oils seemed to be the next logical step. I recently purchased The Body Shop's Moisture White Shisho Make-up Cleansing Oil. At $15 for 4.2oz and often on sale, this cleansing oil is a good one to try and it won't break the bank.

Now, it's not all natural, it has added fragrance (a lighter version of TBS Moonflower - my favorite from their old lineup) and it comes in a standard white plastic bottle, but it's pretty darn good. Like balm cleansers, you apply on dry skin, massage and then add warm water, and most if not all of your makeup dissolves away (it easily removed my eye makeup - even waterproof mascara though it required a bit more effort, concealer and my Studio Fix Powder but ymmv). The flip cap squeeze bottle made it easy to dispense the right amount. It's pretty low frills but I found it quite effective and I'd repurchase, especially with a sale!
 
Full Ingredients Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (Surfactant - Emulsifying Agent), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Antioxidant), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (Conditioning Agent, Humectant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).