Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: Dr. Sebagh Purifying Mask Anti-Pollution


First a disclaimer:
I'm not even going to pretend that I did or would ever pay $80 for a face mask. I would absolutely pay $80 for a facial (I've actually paid more than $80) but with the facial, you get the whole experience and with this face mask, I slapped it on in old pajamas and crawled into my non-spa bed with my pink head wrap thing and an iced tea and watched You Tube videos - not quite the same. I got this for a steal off of SpaceNK and since I'm stuck in bed recovering from a surgical procedure (and my face has been a hot mess), I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I don't know much about Dr. Sebagh - I'll give you that. I know he's a Dermatologist and I believe he is a Dermatologist to the stars, which gives him the ability to charge $80 for face masks among other things. His line is sold at exclusive high end retailers like Barneys New York and SpaceNK London. I actually really like the slightly clinical looking packaging but I know that would annoy others due to the price point.

The Dr. Sebagh Purifying Mask Anti-Pollution promises to "refine and refresh the skin whilst providing deep cleansing to the skin" [verbatim except I changed the tense]. Whilst may be my favourite word ever (see what I did there? I'm a bit delirious, sue me).

Anyway, the mask comes out a whitish cream and I liberally put it all over my face and relaxed for 10 minutes per the instructions. When the mask was first applied, I felt a slight tightening sensation, likely due to the kaolin clay. It was your standard clay mask hardening effect and not unpleasant. The mask doesn't burn or tingle which is great since I didn't do a spot test and my skin can be quite sensitive. It easily removed with warm water and a muslin cloth.

Afterwards, my skin felt soft and smooth but not dried out which is unusual with these types of masks. I'm going to have to thank Dr. Sebagh for adding oils to the mask and not causing my skin to dry out like the Sahara. All in all, very pleasant. Fairly quick for a mask and low key but very expensive.

Would I ever tell you to part with $80 of your hard earned money and buy this mask? No. I'm not a mask person but I couldn't resist the bargain myself.

For a mask, it's pretty darn good.

Disclosure: Don't hate me, but I got this for $12, yup.