Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Review: Caudalie Lip Conditioner

I don't quite recall how I got my hands on this product, but I decided to give the Jane Iredale one a rest and use up some of the other lip balms in my lip balm drawer. This one caught my eye with the simple tube and the easy lipstick-like application. Caudalie is a natural line of products found at Sephora and other boutiques and department stores. The line draws from the benefits of grape-based products, specifically grape seed variations as a substitute for some of the more harsh chemical products out there. The Caudalie Lip Conditioner has grape seed oil and grape seed extracts to moisturize the lips.

I am actually really pleased with this product. It's quite hard in the tube but once you apply it, it smooths right on and isn't waxy. However, it stops from being slippery or oily. It a great consistency and I find it very moisturizing. The bullet shaped product makes application very easy and the top makes a little click when you put it on so you don't fear the container will open up in your bag.

I think it smells like grapes but my husband claims it smells like a bakery? Either way, it is a soft non-offensive smell that is pleasant and not super strong.

The tube comes with 4g and retails for $12 which a bit expensive but I actually think it's worth it, especially if you can manage to get this in the sets that Caudalie puts out during the holiday season which are always a good value or during a percent off sale. I'd repurchase.


Lip Treatments by CAUDALIE at ShopStyle


INGREDIENTS : HELIANTHUS ANNUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL*, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX*, CETYL PALMITATE*, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) EXTRACT*, COPERNICA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX*, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX*, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL*, CETEARYL ALCOHOL*, CETYL ALCOHOL*, PALMITIC ACID*, STEARIC ACID*, HYDROGENATED STEARYL OLIVE ESTERS*, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL*, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PALMITOYL GRAPE SEED EXTRACT*, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL*, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE*, AMMONIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE*, GLYCERYL OLEATE, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, CITRIC ACID.
* Plant origin

Disclosure: Shopsense platform utilized.