Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beauty Army

I got sucked in to another beauty box, Beauty Army, and I place the blame for this one entirely on Elvira (most of you know her as Pink Sith). I do adore her but did I need yet another beauty box? The answer to that rhetorical question is no. Nonetheless, I selected the beauty profile leading to the nicest samples in my opinion and got my first box today. I'm really impressed. If they can keep this up. Some other beauty box sample program really dropped the ball on their last monthly box coughglambagcough which guess who also subscribed due to the hype? Yes, that would be me. Who needs 4 different sample programs? That was another rhetorical question - don't answer!
All the products were nicely wrapped. The box is sturdy and the pink camo print is pretty darn cute. I found to get the best samples you need to pick the craziest profile. If Beauty Army thought I actually wore makeup the way I picked my profile items, you'd think I was Mimi which is quite fitting as there's a blue eyeshadow in this box.
source http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-drew-carey-show/images/680465/title/mimi-photo
So, here's what came in the box. Pretty good stuff if you ask me!
Cover Fx Eye Prep .16floz (full size .67floz $43) "worth" $10.27
Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe 1.7floz (full size 5.1oz $22) "worth" $7.33
My.Face Cosmetics Blingtone eyeshadow in Caribbean Queen full size, worth $20
Babor Argan Cream 15ml (full size 50ml $138) "worth" $41.40
Mama Mio Shrink to Fit Cream 1.7floz (full size 3.4floz $56) "worth" $28
MAD Skincare Eye Defense Shielding Serum .13oz (full size .5oz $54) "worth" $14.04

Even though I don't think I'll be using the Mama Mio lotion stuff, I'm really excited about the rest of it. And with a value of over $100, that's pretty great for a sample box. I recommend so far. I hope they can keep this up!

Have you subscribed to Beauty Army?