Saturday, March 3, 2012

Review: Alison Raffaele Tinted Moisturizer

Something that I've been reaching for a lot is the Allison Raffaele Skin Tinted Moisturizer. I picked up the Light shade the last time the brand was on Hautelook. This line isn't really talked about much in the blogosphere likely because the products produce a very light natural look while bloggers tend to prefer high pigment products. I tend to prefer lighter, subtle looks myself though I do play with color on occasion. The Allison Raffaele Skin Tinted Moisturizer comes with 1.76oz of product and retails for $35 but I believe I paid about $10 on Hautelook. It is water based and quite liquidy so the tube requires a good shake before use. It's oil free and has SPF15 and has no added fragrance. I find the best application for this is my fingers.

From the Alison Raffaele website:
"Protective and firming oil-free tinted moisturizer with mineral based SPF 15. Vitamins A, C and E help protect and regenerate the skin, while aloe calms and seaweed extract firms."
This is a mineral based product so it doesn't give you a shiny look that some tinted moisturizer can give. The color is yellow based but it's just yellow enough to conceal my redness without giving me a yellow streaky face. It provides very light coverage so it basically just melds into my skin and hides some of the redness. I don't find it oxidizes during the day and I generally wear topped with the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear powder and the combination lasts all day.
In the swatch above it almost looks too yellow, but I've shown it blended in below and I bet you can see how sheer it is above.
See? All gone.

Some would probably find this too lightweight and too light a coverage, but it does just enough for me. This evens out the redness on my nose and cheeks without looking like I have a mask on and I can barely feel it on.
Although it does have silicones in it, it doesn't feel anything like the silicone based primers I've used. I really like this tinted moisturizer. It provides a nice light base for my powder and covers up the majority of my redness so I don't have to pack the powder on. Not the greatest ingredient list out there but it works well for me. Would I rebuy? Not sure. It's really nice but I'm not sure it's worth the $35 retail price.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (1.825%) (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (3.72%) (CI 77947)
Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Cetearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Silicate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phospholipids, Panthenol, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polysorbate 60, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 6 Polyricinoleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben