Monday, April 23, 2012

Review: Mor Emporium Body Butter in Italian Blood Orange

Mor products used to be sold in Sephora a few years ago but I was reintroduced to them through Bloom. A sample of the Emporium Body Butter in the Belladonna scent was included in one of my Bloom Bonus boxes and while the scent wasn't something I fell in love with, the texture was divine. I managed to get a full size of the Italian Blood Orange scent in one of the Platinum Bloom Bonus boxes and I love it.
First of all, opening up a Mor product is like opening up a present. The paper used to wrap up the product is thick. There is a black box holding the jar and then an outer wrapping with the label which looks like a wax seal and beautiful textured paper depending on the scent. The ribbon on the top has the name of the scent in gold as well. Basically, it's super luxurious before you even open the lid.
The body butter includes 5.1 fl oz of product and retails for $25. it's definitely not cheap so it's more of a splurge item or it makes a great gift. The texture is super thick and buttery but not greasy. It absorbs into the skin quickly and leaves skin soft and smooth. One of my favorite things about this is the scent. It smells very similar to the Goldwell products I've used (the tart yet vanilla creamsicle scent) which I love. The scent sticks around some but it's not obnoxious. 
I've been very impressed by the Mor line and if price is an object, I sometimes see it as Marshalls, Tjmaxx and Nordstrom Rack stores at a discount. It is also available at Bloom, Nordstrom, Zappos, and I found some discounted at Neiman Marcus Last Call.

Disclosure: This was free as part of the Bloom Bonus since I bought $100 worth of stuff from Bloom.com. I also used my referral link.