Sunday, April 8, 2012

March Empties

It is nearly the end of the semester and I couldn't be happier. I'm exhausted but I am so looking forward to the summer. I'll still be working of course, but I've decided to save my last class for the fall so I can regroup a bit. In March, my goal was to use up some samples. Not only do I get samples through subscription services like Birchbox, I get them in Sephora and Bloom orders too. I rarely use the little packet samples but now that I have a few sample jars in use, I've been cleaning and refilling them to actually test the products. What's somewhat crazy is that a lot of samples contain quite a few uses of the product so I can get a sense of how something works and I've confirmed that I will never have to buy another eye cream ever.
Wen Cleansing Conditioner in Winter Vanilla Mint - This came in a QVC Beauty Test Tube and I adore this conditioner. The scent is delicious and I found it very moisturizing (also it tingled a bit on my scalp which I happen to like). What I didn't like so much is the pump. It doesn't allow a lot to come out and the little tube going to the bottom doesn't actually reach the bottom. Using up the last bit of this was a drag but it was so nice. I'm tempted to buy more Wen but I know one is coming in the next QVC Beauty Test Tube and this scent was limited edition. 
Goldwell Sun Reflects After-Sun 60 second treatment - I was first introduced to this line when I received it for review a couple summers ago. I believe this is my second or third tub of this product and it is a nice deep conditioner when my hair is feeling dry. I'm not going to repurchase unless they come out with a fresh batch again as I've been repurchasing on Amazon and don't want to buy really old product.
Nuance by Salma Hayek Facial Cleansing Towelettes - Is it obvious that I haven't made it out to Big Lots recently? I buy these when the Salma Hayek range is on sale and I do really like them though one day soon I'll head out to Big Lots and get my beloved Epielle Cucumber wipes for a buck.
Karess Krafters Chai Tea Body Polish - Smells yummy and works but it doesn't wash away clean and I was getting tired of the scent midway through the jar. I'm back to using samples of the Haus of Gloi bubbling scrubs I love. Good scrub for the price though!
Samples!
First Aid Beauty (fab) Ultra Repair Cream - Ok, prefer the Oilatum.
Fekkai Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner - Eh.
Bare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser & Purely Nourishing Moisturizer - Eh.
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser - Pretty good.

So not too great this month but I've been so busy that most days I just threw on some powder foundation if anything. What did you use up in March?