Monday, July 9, 2012

Review: Renpure Organics Amazing Miracle Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

I don't remember when I picked the Renpure Organics Amazing Miracle Deep Penetrating Reconstructor but it's been lurking around my cabinet so I thought I'd put it to use. As some of you may know, my hair is dry and has a natural curl. I usually keep it up in a bun especially in the summer since it's heavy, thick and sweat-inducing. Unless I want hair that feels like steel wool, I can't use conditioners for normal hair, I usually use masks as normal "every day" conditioners. You don't want to know how long I can go without washing my hair. I've gone a week and it seems to get drier rather than look oily or greasy.

Anyway, I generally don't remark on a product's effectiveness till I've used it a few times, but I used it for the first time last night and I'm in love! First of all, it comes in a squeeze tube which more of these masks/deep conditioners should because tubs in the shower are not my favorite. Second, I felt a noticeable difference right out of the shower, but the biggest plus is now, 24 hours later, my hair is still soft without feeling heavy or weighed down.

Witness household conversation:
"It does feel softer than usual" remarked dear husband who then insulted the normal texture of my coiffure "I wouldn't call it sand papery..." (digging hole deeper) "it's just usually more coarse" he quickly commented. Thanks dear.

Later, "oh look at this, it does feel nice - I actually want to touch your hair". Someone knows a pull out couch that's looking for a visitor tonight! Joking aside..

I am absolutely thrilled I found a bottle of this in my bathroom. According to the Renpure Organics website, the line is available at several websites, drugstores and grocers.  The only negative is there is a type of silicone in it which I tend to shy away from, but otherwise, it's full of healthy oils and extracts and the products are color-safe, made in the USA and aren't tested on animals. Non-offensive sweet smell too.


Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Silk Amino Acids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Cetyl Esters, PEG-10 Soy Sterol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum)