Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: Tangle Teezer

I tweeted recently that I found the Tangle Teezer at CVS. I was thrilled, as British bloggers have been talking about the product for quite some time and even ones with thick hair seemed to have nothing but good things to say about it. Given my hair's natural state, a detangling hairbrush that fits in the palm of your hand seemed like the perfect option for me. At my local CVS, it was priced at around $10 but I had a 30% off coupon so it was a bit cheaper. I, of course, went with the pink option.
While, I think this did a decent job of detangling, it did not go deep enough and I still had to section off my hair prior to brushing (and this was after a good cut)! The "revolutionary" teeth simply weren't long or firm enough to get anything more than the top layer of my hair and even sectioning it off, I still really had to work to get the teeth through the top layer. Typically, I brush my hair prior to taking a shower so that the water and my shampoo/conditioner have an easier time at penetrating since I have a lot of hair and it's quite thick. I haven't yet tried it on wet or damp hair as I typically finger comb my hair in the shower while disbursing product.

So while I think this maybe a great option for those with finer hair textures, for my thick and somewhat unmanageable hair, it's not so great.

Have you tried the Tangle Teezer? Did you read the back of the box with your husband in a poor British accent and start laughing hysterically? 'Cause I did.