Saturday, July 21, 2012

Review: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Fair

I've had the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Fair for a number of months and haven't quite gotten around to doing a review. I bought this at ULTA during one of their 20% off F&F periods which included the prestige brands. The 1oz tube has a retail price of $39 which is around the same price as other BB creams (other than the US drugstore knock-offs) on the market. I've tried quite a few other BB creams, my favorite being the Missha Perfect Cover in #13.
In my opinion, this resembles a BB cream more than a tinted moisturizer. It's thick just like the Asian creams and patting it in on the face is a better application method then rubbing or sweeping. Generally, unless I am dealing with massive breakouts, this covers my imperfections without needing additional concealer or powder. As my skin is on the drier side, I do not need to set this during the day and I get a good 10 hours of wear in air conditioning.
The Fair is a pretty good color match on my NW10 (or thereabouts) skin. It is a touch too dark but it isn't super obvious. It oxidizes a bit but not nearly as bad as the Cover Girl Natureluxe. As far as scent is concerned (one of the only negatives about the Missha), this smells like sunscreen but it's not super overwhelming or offensive and with the SPF 35 I'm not complaining.

Overall, I'm fairly pleased with this product and it's been my go-to "foundation" for the last few weeks. Again, patting this on with fingers produces the best finish for me which is great since it means I don't have to wash makeup brushes!

Have you tried the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream? What did you think?


*Apologies for my absence. Work has been taking over my life.