Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Holy Grail: Exfoliating Bath Gloves

If you read Jeweled Thumb with any regularity, you should know that I don't fake tan nor go out in the sun with great frequency, yet even for me, the summer is a time to get beach-ready legs. Usually I go for a physical exfoliant (like the Haus of Gloi sugar scrubs) but I don't like to waste product and to get my legs in the shower, I'd waste quite a bit. Enter exfoliating bath gloves (mine are from The Body Shop). Not only are they inexpensive (The Body Shop's are $5 and the store always has sales) but they allow you to use your own body wash to exfoliate. No loofah to drop, no scrub to wash down the drain and by the time you use these for a few weeks, your cost per use is nearly nothing.

I always have a pair of these around. Right now, my hands can be seen sporting a green pair that I picked up at one of their semi-annual sales. Somehow I find these less germy than bath poofs or loofahs since you can get the insides real good with water before hanging them up to dry. If you haven't been able to find a scrub you love, give these guys a try.