Sunday, August 5, 2012

July Empties

I'm finally getting up my July Empties post. I'm actually pleased with the products I finished in July. For a few months, it was very slow, partially because I decided to use jumbo sized products and partially because with the heat and allergy season, I haven't worn much makeup.
You can tell my picture taking skills are horrible when I don't have a flat surface to lean on.
Wella Professionals Moisturizing Treatment for Fine/Normal Hair - Obviously, I have nowhere near fine or normal hair, but this came in the June Glossybox so I thought I'd try it. Other than the scent (floral) and the fact I only got 2 uses out of the tub, I thought it did a decent job of moisturizing, though I can certainly see why this is recommended for normal hair types. Wouldn't repurchase.
Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream tin - While I'm not a huge fan of the scent of the 8 hour cream range, it is amazing at repairing dry or irritated skin. This little tin seemed to last forever and I already have some back ups ready to go.
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation in Translucent Light - Technically, there's still a small ring of powder around the outside of the pan but it is so hard to get to that I'm calling this compact done. This stuff is awesome and I have to thank Nouveau Cheap for turning me on to the stuff. When it was clearanced at CVS, I picked up a small back up army.
Sundari Neem and Coconut Hair Treatment Oil sachet - This I reviewed as part of the Bloom Ambassador's program. I'm seriously thinking of buying the full size (it's currently in my cart).
The Body Shop Vitamin C Cleansing Face Polish - Holy cow. This seriously lasted forever (it was featured in my last skincare routine from 2011). I found it a little drying and I'm not sure if the newly packaged range has a similar product but I will not be repurchasing!
DHC Make Off Sheet - These were seriously awesome and since there are 50 in a pack, they last a long time. I've now re-purposed the cute plastic case they came in to store some of the wipes I'm currently using since these babies never dried out. Even the last sheet was still moist. I'm not sure if they just use a ton of liquid in the package or if the cute case has anything to do with it. Either way, the next time I need something to get me to a certain dollar amount in a Dermstore order, these will certainly be making their way into my basket!
The Body Shop Born Lippy Stick in Strawberry - Once again, I am thrilled that The Body Shop came out with this range in stick form and I loved this! I found it moisturizing though not as moisturizing as some of my lip balms and it smells like strawberry bubble yum. Will definitely repurchase!
Yves Rocher Micellar Cleansing Water - This is a great refreshing Micellar water but find it less gentle than some others on the market. It actually works great as a toner or in the morning when I'm in a rush. I'm currently trying a different cleansing water right now. Not sure I'd repurchase this one as my sensitive skin doesn't always like it.

So that's what I used up in July. Definitely post below with what you've used up recently!