Saturday, January 26, 2013

Big Lots Haul - and Reminder

I had a bit of a haul today in Big Lots. I bought a lot of boring stuff: cereal, more velvet hangers, a mattress pad that made me so excited I tweeted about the deal (it's that good), Gatorade, and other household necessities. But there was some fun stuff in the loop. I think I did pretty well, especially since today only Big Lots is having another 20% day for rewards members so everything was an additional 20% off - they do this every few months which is nice. And I was quite restraint considering there was a lot more goodies to be had.
I wouldn't say this is super exciting, but most girls need razors and these are a pretty decent deal at $3.20 for 4. I'm pretty sure these razors are discontinued but I have a few of the "tails" around from when they've been at sale at the local drugstores over the years.
Usually, I don't have the patience to go digging in the cosmetic aisle, but I found a whole bunch of Maybelline for $1.50 a piece (or $1.20 after discount). I picked up 3 of the stylish smokes trios (Lavender Smokes, Plum Smokes, Emerald Smokes) which I believe are discontinued but retailed for around $5 or $6 at the drugstores. If I remember correctly, they were rather favorably received when they were still available for purchase.
Next are 3 blushes that I believe came out in their Spring 2012 Limited Edition collection (per Nouveau Cheap's first look). These were probably around $5 or $6 at the drugstore but once again, they were only $1.50 a piece (or $1.20 after discount) at Big Lots! I picked up Champagne Blossom, Pink Peony and Coral Blossom.
I also found this gem, the Maybelline Eye Studio in Spirited Seas for $1.50 (or $1.20 after discount). These eye studio quads usually retail for $9.99. I was looking for more colors but only found this shade. Very excited about this one.
Last but certainly not least, I picked up a pack of the Epielle wipes in the Green Tea scent which I've never tried. These are usually $1.00 per pack which is a bargain but these were only .80 after coupon. ;)

Have you been to Big Lots recently? What did you score?