Friday, January 25, 2013

Review: Caudalie Cleansing Water

In the past year or so, I've made it a point of trying lots of these micellaire waters. Given that my skin is fairly sensitive and on the drier side, these new cleansing products seem ideal. Also, I am super lazy and all-in-one products are awesome. I was excited about trying the Caudalie version since I haven't found a Caudalie product I hate yet. I'll cut right to the chase and say that while I don't hate this product, I'm a bit lukewarm. You see, I already have a great love for the Makeup Forever Sens'eyes cleanser and I basically compare every other remover to that blue concoction of wonderfulness. To be honest, I was pretty surprised the Nuxe's version easily removed long-wear mascaras. The Caudalie version removed face makeup like a champ but it left remnants of my eye makeup which included a non-waterproof mascara.

It smells like the signature Caudalie fragrance which is quite strong but doesn't bother my nose and I quite enjoy it. Still, I wish it weren't so highly fragranced. The cleansing water doesn't burn my eyes or skin for that matter. It's non-drying although it seems to leave a bit of a residue that is sticky for the first few minutes after application. I do like it for long-wear lip products as it doesn't taste foul and removes everything on the lips without drying them out. I personally wouldn't buy a product just to remove lip products though as I don't do epic lip swatching sessions and don't wear long-wear products on a daily basis.

I've gone through about 1/5 of my bottle and I just don't know. It's ok? If it managed to remove eye makeup a bit better I'd say I'd repurchase but because it doesn't quite get the job done in that area, it's not something I'd look into buying again. A bit disappointing since I do enjoy the brand in general.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Poloxamer 184, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cocamidopropyl Butanamide Mea Chloride, Bisabolol, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride.