Monday, April 27, 2015

A Warning for Sephora in JCPenney Shoppers

This isn't a huge deal, but I wanted to make others aware and see if anyone else has had something similar occur to them. It also reminds me that when you're dealing with a major corporation, whether it's your employer or a store you frequent, you need to be diligent and ensure things are applied the way they are supposed to be. This is especially relevant when dealing with stores with rewards programs or running sales or special deals. Sometimes the computer doesn't quite work the way it's supposed to.

In any case, I realized that one of my purchases at a Sephora in JCPenney didn't seem to apply to my money spent column on the Sephora website completely. It turned out, after speaking with Sephora over the phone that it was the (Sephora in JCPenney exclusive) Sephora Favorites Summer Obsessions Set that wasn't applying to my balance. Since I've recently had an unusual influx of gift cards, I have reached my renewal for VIB rather early in the year, well aside from about $25 worth, which this set would have taken care of. And once they discovered the mistake, they said it could take up to 2 weeks (!) to get the spend amount changed. So, just a warning if you bought the set during the sale and especially a general warning when it comes to buying at big stores running specials, etc.

If you did buy the set, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to check your receipt and online account to ensure your points and dollar spent was appropriately applied. You never know when you'll get a few gift cards and be close to a 100 point perk that you actually want or close to renewing your VIB or VIB Rouge levels!