Monday, April 6, 2015

Review: Nivea In-Shower Nourishing Body Lotion for Very Dry Skin

I was intrigued when the Nivea In-Shower Nourishing Body Lotions came out. I had been wanting to try the LUSH ones for ages, but they are super pricey, in tubs and don't come in smaller sizes so you're stuck buying a huge one even if you just want to test it out (and the truly free sample pots at LUSH wouldn't be enough to get a good idea if I'd want to purchase). Nivea on the other hand, is super inexpensive (I've seen these around the $7 mark and you can even order a free sample on their website if you're unsure - I've also seen the sample packets floating around at some drugstores) and there are often coupons in the Sunday paper that add to the savings. Nivea also goes on sale quite often, so between coupons and in-store promotions, I didn't wind up paying very much for mine.

There are three different options for the product; one for normal to dry skin, one for dry skin and one for very dry skin. I chose the one for very dry skin although I preferred the scent of the other two because I knew I needed as much moisture as they offered. This one has a scent that is a bit floral for my liking, although the scent doesn't stick around.

I've used this several times and I can say that now I'm happy I didn't even bother trying the LUSH. After shaving, my legs generally feel super dry and itchy, pretty much the moment the water evaporates. This kept my legs from feeling like that, which is pretty incredible. They felt just as comfortable the next morning which is also a bit unheard of. I've mentioned before that I usually have to slather them with moisturizer after shaving for them to feel some semblance of normality.

I like that it comes in a squeeze bottle instead of a tub, so it's unlikely that water will get in the product. My only other issue besides the scent (and it's completely personal and due to my own lack of space and not the product) is my shower is tiny and it's very hard to find a location to apply it and allow it to sink in without it being washed off immediately unless I were to exit the shower (and get water everywhere), so it involves a little shower gymnastics (there's a reason I don't shave in the shower!).

That being said, I find this an awesome product and I am finding my legs a lot less dry these days. At the moment, I'm really only using it on my legs, but I have applied on my arms and other dry areas and found it equally as effective. Glad I have this and definitely want to make sure I have a back up so I'm never without it!