Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Review: Aero Minerale Makeup Mist in Ivory

On one of my recent visits to ULTA, I found a bottle of the Aero Minerale Makeup Mist in the shade Ivory in the clearance section for $3.74. It usually retails from anywhere from $14.99 to $19.99 and I had one of the $3.50 off $10 and was using some of my points so I figured if it was truly awful, no great harm. It seemed light enough, it was cheap and I have been wanting to try these makeup mist products, but the idea of spending extra money on products that are in this mist form but tell you to apply with a damp sponge or brush, well let's just say Dior Airflash isn't coming home with me anytime soon!

I'm not sure where this was sold in ULTA before it was clearanced out. I imagine it was placed in the "drugstore" section, which until recently would have made it much more expensive than practically all drugstore foundations. So I can imagine why I never really heard of it or saw it "hauled". I decided to give it a shot because, as I said, interesting application and the fact that it has the word hydrating in the title, which I am all about.

I cleansed, moisturized and took a plain white damp sponge (the kind that are triangular in shape with more flat surfaces than the beauty blender, disposable and super cheap) and sprayed some of the product onto the sponge and pressed it around my face. I figured that while the beauty blender excels in the application of heavy coverage, thick foundations, this one might benefit from a sponge that was flatter and I was right. A couple sprays later and it had covered the majority of the sins on my face, very naturally might I add.

Luckily (?) I had blemishes on both sides of my face the day I tested this out. The right side of my face has the Aero Minerale Makeup Mist on it, the left side does not. As you can see, it looks very natural and only very naturally covers the redness. Also, it matches my neck (don't mind my hair).
Side with no foundation.
Side with foundation. You can just barely make out the blemish on my chin, but much less-so than the side with nothing.
So, it doesn't look the best close up after application, but it's a far cry from the L'oreal!

I didn't use a makeup setting spray, a primer, any hydrating primers or sprays with this and it managed to look decent for 8 hours until I took it off. Once again, more than I can say for the L'oreal. I don't know why this was overlooked by enough that it went on clearance and ULTA stopped carrying it, but honestly, I was super impressed with not only the coverage, the application and the longevity; and unlike some other products, this didn't make my face feel dry or tight.

I bet if it was carried in the prestige area and had been used on the clientele, it would have gotten a lot more love, as the color range appears to be quite decent.