Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review: Neutrogena UltraSheer Liquid Daily Sunblock

I recently received a sample of the Neutrogena UltraSheer Liquid Sunblock in the mail to try out.

My first reaction was that the bottle was awfully small! I wondered how it was going to last past the first couple of days given that I had heard that one needs to apply a lot of sunscreen to get the desired sun protection. With this, you only need to apply a few drops per application.

While the smell isn't entirely pleasant (it's sunscreen plus what appears to be a little floral scent), it's not impossible to deal with and it seems to disappear once layered under makeup.
It doesn't sink in immediately but since the texture is thin and liquid-like, it has an easier time of absorbing into the skin unlike thicker sunscreen products and once it dries it isn't sticky.

"swatch"
It does leave a slight film on the skin, but it feels like liquid to powder face products and dries matte and does not cause my foundation to ball up on my face. I've found it does provide a decent base for my makeup but since my skin is on the drier side, I still need to moisturize well before applying this product. Since my skin is fair, I have not had a problem with a white cast on my skin but darker skin tones might have that problem if the product doesn't sink in fully.
 rubbed in
All in all, I really like this sunscreen though with the price tag of nearly $12, I will have to use it longer to see how long the little bottle lasts and whether or not it breaks me out since my skin is sensitive.

A side note: I apologize at how blurry these photos are. They were taken a few days ago and I haven't had the energy to retake as I've been in bed, but you guys get the point, right? Of course right!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh this sounds great! In the summer i need as high an SPF as possible. I wonder i it's available in the uk...

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Lillian: The only thing I'm not crazy about is the weird floral trying to cover up the SPF scent. Would rather just deal with the sunscreen scent to be quite honest!

Post a Comment