Saturday, October 23, 2010

Review: LUSH Spice Curls

Some of you may remember my review for the LUSH sugar scrubs (found here). To recap for those of you who didn't or don't want to click on the link, I wasn't a big fan. The scrub disappeared after barely 1 use, it stained my shower and made it slippery. It was money wasted (down the drain) as far as I'm concerned. So I was poking through my LUSH soap stash and found Spice Curls and decided to give it a go.

I've since discovered that this particular soap has been discontinued by LUSH which is a shame because it's a fab scrub! As a soap it kind of sucks. It doesn't truly lather, it's gritty, I'd be kind of afraid of using it to clean my uh lady bits because it's quite pungent (cloves and cinnamon are two main notes). But as a scrub this thing rocks and it's been sitting in my shower for a few weeks and hasn't completely dissolved (cough-unlike-lush-scrub-cough). My only complaint is the orange-red base does tend to drip and coat things but I discovered if I store it on top of another piece of soap it doesn't cover my white soap dish in red.

So if you can manage to get your hands on this, I'd give it a try if you like firmer scrubs. Fab on elbows and legs, not so great on more sensitive parts like arms. I know I'm going to be on the lookout for this as I'd like another bar!