Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review: Qtica Intense Repair Lip Balm

A few months ago, Zoya was offering some sort of promotion on their Qtica brand Intense Lip Repair Balm. So as a lip balm connoisseur, I decided to take the plunge. With a first ingredient of Lanolin, I was super excited to be trying out this lip balm...

Ok, I really can't beat around the bush with you guys.

I hate this.

In fact, I think I might be allergic to one of the ingredients cause just as I put it on, my tongue starts to tingle. That can't be good, right? This causes my lips to dry out more if that's even possible. The menthol gives a tingly sensation which for me is not comforting in the slightest. The only time it feels moisturizing is after the first 2 minutes or so, after that it balls up on the lips, causes them to get dry and flaky and then well, I've mentioned the tingling tongue action.

Basically, this is a pass for me and though it pains me to say it, I'm throwing out my tube.

Don't waste your (oh dear lord, $12 dollars?!)

Ingredients: LANOLIN, WATER' CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BEESWAX, GLYCERIN, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MENTHOL, CAMPHOR, SODIUM BORATE, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LAURETH-4, BHA, ALOE VERA GEL, RETINYL PALMITATE, CORN OIL

1 comment:

Olivia J said...

hmmmm tongue tingling sounds wild. This happens to me with Kiehls though, the regular balm numbs my lips.

Post a Comment