Monday, May 9, 2011

Review: Sircuit Skin Fixzit Blemish Drying Serum



I've been moaning about my skin for weeks, possibly months. Out of the blue I wound up with a chin covered in inflamed cysts, some pimples, some dermatitis. Generally speaking, my skin was a mess. And so being somewhat intelligent, I tried to do something about it.

Before:
I know a lot of people have worse skin but this was particularly bad for me and very rough and uneven to boot.

After:
Slightly different lighting, but I hope you can notice the extreme difference in my skin and this is no foundation, powder, etc. I had just woken up. Hence the slightly crappy iPhone picture. This was taken approximately 1.5 weeks after the first picture.

Anyway to say I'm thrilled is an understatement. It does tingle or burn upon application but not as bad as some other treatments. I sometimes find salicylic by itself isn't enough and I need something more. I have experienced some peeling with this product likely due to the AHA/Retinol but it hasn't been extreme. I think I'll always have a bottle of this around and for $30 it isn't too bad.


Formulation With (not sure if full ingredient list): Witch Hazel, Alcohol, Water, Glycerin, Azelaic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Salicylic Acid (2%), Wine Extract, Lactic Acid, Retinol, Menthol, Peppermint Oil, Lime Oil, Banana Flower Water

4 comments:

Cami said...

That is genuinely an amazing improvement, you look really great! I've never heard of this product but I'm kind of curious now for Kiwi and I - we always get those nasty long-lasting cystic breakouts once in a while and this looks like the trick :)

liloo said...

the difference is unbelievable!!! not sure what $30 is in pounds but it's worth every penny, or dollar should i say. xx

Jeweled Thumb said...

@cami: Thank you! I'm quite pleased myself. It's amazing how low your self esteem can drop when you know your chin looks like the moon. I felt so self conscious about it, felt less sexy around my husband, so ridiculous but true! I hope you guys can get a hold of this in the UK. If not I'll willingly order and ship it! I think everyone should try it.

@liloo: I think it's about 18 pounds give or take depending on the current currency exchange. This is one of those definite repurchases for me.

Liz (Beauty Reductionista) said...

OMG, that's an amazing improvement. I need this. Firmly convinced. Thanks!

Post a Comment